Activities & Life Enrichment
Scarborough Terrace offers a full program of community activities, providing the perfect opportunity to build new friendships and cultivate interests and hobbies. With the input of residents, we offer a variety of social, educational, cultural, and recreational opportunities to appeal to a broad range of interests. Offerings may include:
Entertainment and Outings
- In-house music, arts, entertainment and movies
- Outings to theater, musical events, movies, museums, galleries, car shows, restaurants, shopping, scenic drives, boating, picnics, sports events and more
Social Events and Parties
- Social and cocktail hours
- Afternoon teas
- Holiday parties, theme parties, dances, and barbeques
- Visits by friends, family, volunteers, school kids, pets/therapy pets
Games, Classes, Clubs and Hobbies
- Cards, bingo, puzzles, and other games
- Arts & Crafts
- Flower arranging
- Clubs reflecting resident interests and initiatives (e.g., men's club, knitting, Red Hat)
- Sports-related gatherings (e.g., Super Bowl)
Intellectual and Educational Pursuits
- Lectures and readings
- Current events and morning news chat
- Trivia and brain aerobics
- Lending library, including large font books and books on tape
- Computers, iPads and training
- Exercise classes to build strength, flexibility, and balance; walking; yoga.
- Wii games, such as bowling, to promote physical and social activity.
- Athletically inclined residents may request outings for favored activities such as swimming, bowling, golf, fishing or dance.
- Religious services and celebrations
- Visits by clergy
- Residents committees help plan activities and menus and welcome new residents.