Scarborough Terrace offers a full program of community activities, creating an ideal setting for building friendships and developing interests and hobbies. Our residents may choose to participate in daily social activities and entertainment, enjoy the companionship of fellow residents, staff, and visitors, or simply relax in the comfort of one's own apartment.
Here is a sampling of a "Day in the Life" of our residents:
- Savor delicious meals in our gracious, comfortable dining room.
- Take advantage of our fully stocked country kitchen for resident and family use. It’s a great place to have a coffee or snack and catch up with the news!
- Leave the driving to us with our courtesy-scheduled transportation to appointments.
- Live free from day-to-day chores.
- Participate in organized activities such as lectures, current events, arts and crafts, games, clubs, and religious services.
- Keep fit through exercise classes, walking, and yoga.
- Get pampered in the salon/barber shop or rejuvenate in a whirlpool bath.
- Join outings to restaurants, cultural events, scenic drives, picnicking, bowling, dancing, boating, shopping, and more.
- Get together with fellow residents, friends, or family in the cozy sunroom.
- Enjoy spending time in one of our elegant living rooms complete with grand piano and fireplace, as well as library, pub and game areas.
- Attend afternoon teas, cocktail hours, live concerts and performances, holiday parties, barbecues and lobster feasts.
- Take in a movie in our theater, complete with leather chairs and popcorn.
- Entertain friends and family in our private dining room.
- Receive visits from members of the local community, including students, neighbors, clergy, and pets.
- Venture outdoors to enjoy the terrace, garden or walking paths.
- Relax with a good book or access the internet using our computer.
- Enjoy resting, reading or watching TV in the privacy of one’s own apartment.
- Receive assistance as needed with daily activities such as dressing, grooming, bathing, transferring, continence, medication management, and nursing care.