Dementia, Alzheimer’s & Memory Care in Scarborough, Maine
Scarborough Terrace proudly provides top-of-the-line care for residents with dementia and memory care issues in Scarborough, Maine and towns in the greater Portland area. The Rose Garden—with its cozy, light-filled and intimate setting—is home to our specialized memory care program available to residents with Alzheimer's, dementia, and other forms of memory loss. Every resident is cared for by our compassionate, skilled team of professionals with many years of knowledge and experience. Our memory care program is much smaller than others in the area, so our residents receive very personalized attention and enjoy home-like intimacy.
When it comes to memory care, we’ve got the family experience. You want to trust your parent or loved one to a memory care community that has a track record of providing compassionate care. That’s why so many families choose Scarborough Terrace. We enjoy longstanding loyalty among our staff members—some of whom have been with us since just after we opened our doors in 1996. These treasured employees have memory care training and experience and an abiding respect for the individuals they serve. Memory care residents at Scarborough Terrace enjoy relaxing, supervised walks among the gardens and pines, as well as participating in engaging activities.
Our trained personnel perform an in-depth review of each resident's history to create a memory care profile and advanced care program tailored to their individual needs. We are able to use our understanding of the issues that residents may encounter throughout the course of their care to put our residents and their families at ease.
At Scarborough Terrace, our program of dedicated life-enhancing support for memory care residents includes:
- A team of care professionals devoted to providing 24-hour resident assistance.
- A higher staff to resident ratio ensuring individualized care.
- A calming environment, using validation techniques and established routines.
- Activities designed to stimulate memory and the senses, and to foster enjoyment of life.
- Life skill activities to encourage involvement in daily living tasks.
- Individualized programs to stimulate previous interests and promote wellbeing.
- Wellness and exercise programs to maintain physical abilities.
- Nutritious meals catering to individual needs and choices.
- Secure indoor and outdoor environments that protect against wander risk, while also allowing for supervised access to the property's other services and amenities as appropriate.
- Ongoing communication with residents, families, and professional team members to carry out an individualized plan of care.
We are here to serve you when the best in care matters most. Learn how our experience adds up to a better lifestyle for your parent or loved one.